Thursday, January 25, 2007

Fabric covered closet rod

I had a long, skinny strip of pink toile in the rag bag. I've seen curtain rods covered in fabric, so I thought I'd try it with my metal closet bar. This idea probably wouldn't work with wire or metal hangers, though. I pasted the bar liberally with Elmer's glue. I painted even more glue on the seam, using my fingers to pull and tighten the fabric as I progressed. Another adhesive like Tacky Glue would probably be easier to work with.



Glamour closet makeover: the vintage coat that started it all
Glamour closet makeover: from frump to feminine
Glamour closet makeover: how to decorate clothes hangers
Glamour closet makeover: making it pretty
Glamour closet makeover "after"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really neat idea - I'd never heard of it before. Thanks for sharing it. I'm sure I have long strips of fabric in my stash somewhere that would work wonderfully for covering closet rods....

Anonymous said...

i also hate ugly metal rodes..i usually pick up a 2$ cover for them..but this is a great idea

Celina in Canada

and PS it is not asking for verification (with those number and letter things) to post annonymous, beware of spam

Anonymous said...

Never mind the previous question about how you did the rod, lol. I just needed to read a bit further I guess.