Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fruit skewers

Aldi had such great produce prices this week--99 cent pineapples, strawberries, grapes and melon. We decided to garnish the cold salad plates with fresh fruit skewers.

I separated the sliced fruit into Tupperware bins; my 5-year-old assembled the skewers. He loved designing the pattern--and of course, working with pointy sticks.
Fruit on a stick is easier to handle than separate dishes of fruit salad, especially at a buffet luncheon. Tip: repeat your cheapest fruits (grapes) between single chunks of more expensive items.

Please click here for the complete "tea room lunch at home" menu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I've made these before and they are just absolutely beautiful aren't they? A beautiful addition to any meal. Kudos on these, and your whole tea menu...so wonderful! *tucks LMS's menu away in a safe place*

Anonymous said...

Well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

I needed a snack to take for a bunch of tweens at the pool today. So, I nipped out for some skewers, and I have a container of pineapple-grape-watermelon skewers in the fridge waiting for the kids.

Thanks.
Jora