Monday, July 23, 2007

Ladies' Finishing School: Living Well On Less

I was so flattered when Elizabeth and Emma asked me to contribute a week's worth of lessons for their Online Finishing School.

Later, my cheeks burned with embarassment.

After all, I don't live an elegant life. I'm a mom wearing elastic waist pants and a thin layer of Cheerio dust. I never attended cotillion classes, pledged a sorority, or had a fitting for a designer wedding dress.

Yet, I've learned a lot about gracious living in the 8 years I've been married--and done so on one income. I've made a hobby of studying what Martha Stewart calls "good things" and Alexandra Stoddard terms "grace notes." I've tried to translate their love of beauty into my tiny budget, using creativity, secondhand resources, and God's amazing ability to provide.

You know what? It works. So join me at Like Merchant Ships this week, where we'll be discussing how to live well on less.

New to Like Merchant Ships? Here are all the lessons in our Live Well On Less week of study!

8 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm looking forward to this week! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Elizabeth

Melissa said...

Looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it! Thank you so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog! I'll be looking forward to the lessons!

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

I think you are doing beautifully. I just read the tips in the next post and I love them! Can't wait to see what you have for us the rest of the week!

Gena said...

I love you and your blog for what you do,not for what you haven't done.

I'm looking forward to a week's worth of your encouragement, regardless of the "pedigree". I mean, really, how many people have all that stuff, anyway?

Rebecca said...

I am so encouraged by what your blog brings to the notion of frugality. Just because something was inexpensive does not mean it can't be beautiful. You are teaching your readers everywhere how to open their eyes to add beauty to their lives. Can't wait for this week's ideas!

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how blogs work but so far just reading this is awesome! Looking forward for more tips and ideas for everything!